I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Sunday, December 9, 2012

An Editorial on the Minnesota Twins



 
The twins should have kept Ben Revere  beacause he’s really fast and can hit really good. And I wish the Twins could have gotten someone better than Alex Meyers for Denard Span.  And I wish they could have  kept the big homerun hitter Jason Kubel. The person that I want them to trade is the manager Ron Gardenhire. They should try to get Jim Leyland. I still like the twins even though they traded some of my favorite players. But at least they still have Joe Mauer.
 
Sincerely; Calvin Bloomquist

1 comment:

  1. Dear Calvin,

    As someone who cheers for the Cleveland Indians, another team that seems to be in a bit of trouble, I feel your pain. But I think that the Twins did ok in the trades that they made. Alex Meyers is a really good pitching prospect, as is Trevor May, who they got for Revere. Both are going to serve the Twins really well in the future, and are restocking the team's depth in the minors, which because of injuries and bad drafting, is non-existent. Vance Worley, the other guy they got for Revere, is a major league ready pitcher who is well suited to pitch in Target field and should improve the rotation behind Scott Diamond. I think that the trades also open a spot in center field for Aaron Hicks who is maybe the Twins best prospect!

    You gotta have some faith in Gardy, he's one of the best managers in the game and you better believe that if he had the same budget as Jim Leyland, the Twins might be in the World Series too.

    And you're right, at least you still have Joe Mauer, which is lot more than you can say for my Cleveland Indians.

    Be well,

    your Canadian Cousin Jared

    ReplyDelete