I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Birthday Girl!

On Saturday, this tiny girl...
 
 
turned 4! 
 
I just can't believe it.  It seems like yesterday I was meeting her for the first time and I was SO in love.
 
 
My little girl.  After growing up with 3 brothers and having two boys I was thrilled to meet this tiny pink peanut.
 
 
 
She has been just as much fun and I knew she would be.  She is all girl, with just the right amount of feistiness.  She is beautiful and funny, sweet and a little sassy, and she makes every day more fun.
 
She said to Nana a couple days before her birthday, "Someone is turning 4 in a couple days and I'll give you one guess!"
 
 
The night before her birthday we had a little party.  Grandma and Grandpa came and brought GG (Marc's Grandma) and Papa and Nana were here.  She absolutely loved being the center of attention.  She played it very cool and acted like she had turned 4 a dozen times.




Pascal was a favorite present...
 


She had been asking for a princess scooter for a LONG time.
 

 
Nathan, always the giver, wanted to help Jilly by pretending to rain on her umbrella.
 
 
She got princess shoes (3 pairs) and had to go put on her dress to see how they looked.
 




Appropriately, Nathan and Papa got the job of putting together the scooter.  Perfect guys for the job.


Nana and Jillian made her cake together.  She opted for pink cake with purple frosting.  Not something the boys have ever chosen.






SHE thought it was fabulous.



It's always entertaining to watch Nathan eat cake...




They could have been twins don't you think?  Wow.

 
My sweet handsome boys.











Here she is in bed after the party while she was still three.  I told her I needed to remember what she looked like when she was still little.  Be still my heart...

 
And here she is at Calvin's tournament the next day as a big four year old!  Doesn't she look older and wiser?  In the car that day she looked down and said, "Mom, even my hands are bigger today!" 
 
 
 Oh, my sweet baby.  I really want you to stay tiny, but I love watching you grow up!  You still suck your thumb and sleep with your taggie and I love that.  But, you have gotten sweeter and funnier with each age and I just love every single day with you.  God knew exactly what he was doing when he put us together because you are the perfect girl for me. 
Happy Birthday, my princess.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Jill! GReat photos Jen!! HOpefully a little something should be in your mailbox today??? :)

    I just can't believe she's FOUR already! Scary how time flies!!

    ReplyDelete