I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I Need Help

See this kid?


...cute right?  Maybe, but he's also a liar liar, pants on fire. 

He has put me in a very awkward position a few times lately.  These stories both happened yesterday...this is one day of my life people.

Yesterday we had to register Jill for Kindergarten.  I agreed to take the kids to Cherry Berry right after school because we couldn't register until four.  We would have our treat and then walk to a couple stores to kill some time.  We all had our fro yo and we were getting ready to go.  The rest of us were still getting our coats on when Nathan walked up to the girl at the counter.  Here is the conversation I over heard:
Nathan:  "We are going to walk to some stores.  My mom wants to look at clothes and we're going to the pet store."
Sweet Clerk:  "Well that sounds fun!"
Nathan:  "Yeah, we have to walk because we don't have a car.  We're poor.  See you later!"
Insert me dragging him out the door.

Next we headed to Jill's new school.  I filled out the necessary paperwork and we were almost home free.  We decided to quickly walk the halls so Jilly could see some classrooms.  As we walked we bumped into a kindergarten teacher who the kids don't know.  She was asking Jill questions about school next year and telling her how much fun kindergarten is.  At one point she made the mistake of turning her attention to the boys.  She asked a question and Nathan quickly replied, "Yeah we just moved here from California...I'm adopted.  They adopted me and then we all moved here."  

The kid catches me so off guard I don't know how to react.  If I say nothing he comes across as one of the most polite, well-spoken kids you'll ever meet.  If I speak up, my son is a liar and I'm the mom trying to explain why my child does things like this.

What is a Mom to do? 

1 comment:

  1. That is still one of the funniest things I have heard. Had to read it again.

    ReplyDelete