I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Favorite Moment

As you could probably tell from my earlier post, we just returned from Disney World!  We were there for 7 days so I have lots of pictures, and lots of stories.  I'll just post about my favorite things as I can so as not to have the longest post in history. 

At the beginning of the week Nathan was NOT fond of the Disney characters.  This is not necessarily unusual I'm sure.  It's kind of intimidating to see these giant guys coming toward you.  The other kids loved them, but Nathan....not so much. 

When Nathan is worried about something he puts his hands over his ears.  It's not just about noise, it's just how he comforts himself when he's unsure what's going to happen.  Every time he would spot a character his hands would go RIGHT over his ears.  The first time we had a character breakfast I put Nathan by me AWAY from the rest of the kids.  I was hoping the characters would go to them and stay away from Nathan.  It worked for everyone EXCEPT Mickey.  Mickey took a picture with the other boys and signed their autograph books, then he spotted Nathan.  He walked right around the table and stood looking at Nathan.  Nathan, of course, panicked a bit and put his hands over his ears.  Mickey stepped back rather quickly and put his hands over HIS ears.  They stood there staring each other down until Mickey waved and walked away.  Nathan had met his match.  I laughed SO hard.....this was definitely one of my favorite moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment