I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Kid Humor

Tonight I just have to get down a few things the kids said this week that I can't forget.  This could be a full time job, so I need to be better about it!

Nathan to Jilly and the other girls I babysit:  "Hey gulas (girls) follow me into my room and I'll show you all the stuff my brother doesn't like me to touch!"

This conversation took place as I drove Calvin to school one morning.
Calvin:  "I've never seen a real bear close up."
Me:  "Yes you have....we just saw some at the zoo this summer."
Calvin:  "Ya, but those weren't the same kind of bears we have around here were they?"
Me:  "No, they weren't.  We have Black Bears up here."
Calvin:  "And the ones at the zoo were African American Bears....right?"
(After more discussion I realized the sign at the zoo probably said American Grizzly.  Close right?)

Me as I change Jillian's diaper:  "Jillian, you need to start going potty on the toilet.  MOMMY goes potty on the toilet!"
Jillian:  "Every time???!"

The boys got off the bus and we were walking down the driveway.
Me:  "How was school, Nathan?"
Nathan:  "Good!"
Me:  "How were the sloppy joe's for lunch?"
Nathan:  "Good, but I accidently got some in my pocket."

No comments:

Post a Comment