I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Program

This past Sunday was the kids Christmas program at church.  I'm not afraid to tell you, it was adorable.  This is not some fancy setting on my camera.  I just left it out in the car where it got cold, so when I brought it in we had a foggy effect until it warmed up.  Nice.

Here is Nathan with his friends singing Come On Ring Those Bells.  He was so excited for this.  When we told him he was going to sing up front in church he said, "Up on the stage?"  When we said yes, he said, "Oh ya, I think I'm playing the cuntar."  We had to break it to him that he would not be playing the guitar, just singing.  Then the day before church he said, "Mom, do you have a tie for me to wear for church?"  I said that I had a very nice shirt for him to wear, but not a tie.  He said very seriously, "Well, if I'm going to be the pastor tomorrow I need a tie."  This news was even harder to break to him.  I'm telling you if we had told him he could stay up front and preach.....he would have jumped at the chance.  As it turned out, he was just a singer....but he did a fabulous job!



When the younger kids were done and the older kids walked in I couldn't find Calvin.  They had all met down at the classroom and knew their songs, but didn't really have specific parts.  I thought he had somehow not come in, and as a mother, I was worried.  It took several minutes before I spotted him, but when I did my heart melted.  Do you see him?


He was the cutest little shepherd I've ever seen.  Cuter than Linus, and that's saying something.  He also did an awesome job singing.  Such a heartwarming program.


 When we got home I took a couple of quick pictures.  What's a mommy to do?  They were wearing their Christmas clothes and it was about 35 degrees in the middle of December.  Heaven.  How cute are these little Christmas kids of mine? 


I am so blessed.

1 comment: