I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sometimes It's Hard To Be a Parent

Look at this face.


This is the face of a little boy who doesn't get to ride this today.



Riding this tractor is about his favorite thing in the world to do.  But he got in trouble last night.  He was very difficult at bed time, so at one point we took away the tractor for a day.  Today he has asked me about a hundred times, "Mom, can I please ride my tractor?"  He is just so sad.  He was talking to my mom on the phone, and at one point she asked him WHY he couldn't ride his tractor.  He said in a very pathetic voice, "I jistobeyed my Mom and Dad."  Translation:  disobeyed....but I like it so much better the way he says it.

The good news is bed time went very well tonight so he WILL be able to ride the tractor tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment