I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Saturday, August 6, 2011

What a Relief!

Marc is out of town this weekend and the kids and I are finding our own fun.  Otherwise known as...ways to fill  our days so we don't sit around the house and get crabby with each other.  We've actually had a lot of fun.  We went to Target today and bought all of our school supplies!  Nothing says fun like buying school supplies!  But we started the day today walking around downtown for Crazy Days and the Dragon Boat Festival.  We didn't buy anything....just enjoyed the beautiful weather and got a little exercise.  One thing the kids DID do was get their faces painted.  For some reason I've never been one for face painting.  I don't know why.....I've just always avoided it.  Today they wanted it done, and I thought, "Why not!" 


They loved it.  But the best part was after they were done we still had a lot of walking to do.



I was holding Jillian and the boys were trailing behind me.



After a few minutes I realized that whenever people passed us Nathan was growling at them.  Some people pretended not to notice, but a few people laughed or played along.  When we passed two women sitting on a bench he gave a low growl and they quickly said, "Oh no!  Monsters!"  Nathan hurried right over to them and put his hands out saying, "It's okay....we're not really monsters.  It's just us!"


1 comment: