I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Monday, September 19, 2011

My Tiny Dancer

Ever since the day I saw my little girl on the ultrasound.....the one where I did this before I showed it to anyone  else....



Anyway....ever since THAT day, I've been waiting for THIS day.


The day that she could start dance.  I was in dance as a little girl for years, and I just couldn't wait to get my own little girl into those cute little outfits, fancy shoes, the whole works.


She was SO excited to start her class.  She wore her outfit most of the day and traded between her ballet shoes and tap shoes.  We had to pick up the boys from school so we could get to the studio on time, and on the way she fell asleep.  I knew this was not going to be good.



My suspicions were confirmed when we woke her up and she was a tiny bit crabby.  The class started with ballet and when she wouldn't leave my side, the teacher suggested I go out and we shut the door.  I honestly thought this might work.  It did not.  Oh...she followed along a little and KIND OF did what the teacher asked, but she was sobbing the entire time.  The boys and I sat outside the two way mirror/window and watched.  It broke my heart, but I knew she was fine.  Half way through class the girls had to come back out to their moms to get their tap shoes on.  As I put them on her I told her we would sit in the room this time.  She sat by me for a little while....then I joined in a little so she would participate.  I could tell she was starting to enjoy herself.  For the last 5 minutes the teacher gave them some scarves and told them they could dance around however they wanted.  The teacher then put the icing on the cake when she turned on the main song from Beauty and the Beast.  This is Jilly's FAVORITE princess movie right now.  She is in love with it.  The little stinker spent the last 5 minutes of a 45 minute class smiling and dancing around like Gregory Hines was her father.  (he's not)


I'm hoping that since she really WAS excited and the class ended on a positive note, next week will go much more smoothly.  Either way...it was adorable and I can't wait for more.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment