I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nathan Strikes Again

Last week at Awanas Calvin received his first bible verse to start memorizing.  I put Nathan in the younger Cubbies group because I just couldn't imagine him memorizing verses quite yet.  Well, Calvin has repeated John 3:16 MANY times this week.  This morning as I was making breakfast for the kids before school, Nathan walked up to the refrigerator where the verse was hanging.  As he started to recite the verse I stopped what I was doing and just stared.  My mind was racing..."Who am I to say he can't memorize verses???" 

I was quickly tossed back to reality when I heard him calmly say this:

John Free:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only 'gotten Son
And then he had a baby, and he milked him.


Need I say more?

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are just so doggone cute, Jen! LOVE to hear their stories, and can't *wait* to see them and YOU....

    ....big hug....

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete