I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Oh What a Night!

The kids had a couple of days off this week for Spring Break so we decided to head out of town for a night.  Hotel and swimming was all the kids wanted to do.  We booked a jacuzzi suite just for fun because the kids didn't even know they existed. 

After a short drive we headed straight for the pool!  Jillian is learning to use water wings, but she prefers her mommy or daddy.


Nathan is CRAZY in the water.  He loves it so much he should have gills.  That would be helpful actually.   He really can't swim, but he doesn't care at all and has NO fear.  He swims under water really well, but gets himself into trouble when he heads to the middle of the pool and then can't touch.


Here is Marc trying to explain to Nathan that if he isn't wearing wings, he will not float.  A hard concept for Nathan.


Calvin just loves swimming.  While he doesn't know the actual strokes yet, he is becoming a pretty good swimmer.  He prefers to always be playing some sort of game in the water.


The pool at this hotel was pretty chilly, so the kids had to make several trips back and forth to the "hot pool" as they call it.  The hot pool was about 5 degrees short of boiling, so we couldn't stay in it for long.


Jilly had fun jumping to Mommy and Daddy.  (Yes, I swam.  I just didn't get any pictures of that...on purpose.)





When they weren't in the pool or at dinner, they were in what Jilly called the Cuzzi tub.  They watched the hockey tournament and just relaxed.


This was supposed to be a seat, but the kids used it as a slide.



The next morning Marc took the boys to the arcade while Jilly and I went to Kohls.  (This is what I wanted to do on MY vacation.)  I laughed at the difference between boys and girls when we were shopping.  I had to go in the dressing room to try on some pants.  When we got in there Jillian said, "Hey, I want to try something on!"  I laid out her clothes we had picked out for her, and she proceeded to try everything on.  Standing in front of the mirror she would turn and look saying, "Oh, this is beautiful!"  Never, have my boys EVER asked to try something on.  They think it's torture.  They were very happy at the arcade while we did our shopping.  A great vacation all around! 

1 comment:

  1. My kids are the same way... She loves to try on clothes and twirl in front of the mirror. Eli cries and whines and I pretty much have to dress him as he won't do it himself.
    Looks like you had a great "vacation."

    ReplyDelete