I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Party Planning...

We've got a birthday in this house tomorrow.  Can't believe it.  The little girl of the bunch is very very excited!  Nana came over today and helped Jilly and I make her special cakes.  That's right cakeS!

Before we could start...Nana had to give her one of her presents early.  It was necessary....trust me.


She was excited!


Before we could use them...she had to do a little playing!



Nana and I started things by baking cakes in these little glass bowls.


We flipped them over, and they're ready to go!


You see where we're going with this right? 
Could this be any more perfect for my little princess lover???


We first saw this idea on Pinterest and we knew it was a must. If you want to see the original idea you can go here  http://fruittart.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/a-little-princess-party/

Here is Belle....my first creation!


Joined by her friend Cinderella....


Next we made a big Belle for the center piece.  The cake ended up being a little smaller then we hoped, so Nana had the genius idea to pop Belle's legs off.  She ended up being kind of a midget Belle, but it works! 


The birthday girl approves!


Here are our first few finished girls.  We don't have enough dolls for ALL the dresses at once, but that's okay.  She is going to eat a couple tomorrow with her friends, and then we'll reuse the dolls for her party Saturday.  Also, keep this on the down low, but she's getting a few more dolls for her birthday.  They'll come in handy.



My Jilly practicing for tomorrow.  How can she be three?


We had to put them ALL out for a little dress rehearsal.  They turned out so so cute.  After this I packed them all up for tomorrow and Saturday.  My sweet peanut was pretty excited.



This birthday girl is READY!!!





3 comments: