I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Our Princess is 3

Three years ago I was feeling like all of my dreams had come true.  I wanted to be a mom from the time I was a little girl.  I had my two handsome and funny boys, and our family was complete when I got my baby girl.  She came in true girl fashion...a little more dramatically....via c-section.  We were all in love from the moment we saw her.




Nathan, ever the oral child, tasting his new sister...


Jillian has been so much more than I imagined she could be. 
I expected her to be sweet and she certainly is.  She is delightful.  She says to me very often during the day, "Hey Mom...I like you".  She loves to crawl up in my lap with her taggie and her thumb and just sit for awhile.  That is one of my favorite things.  She takes her role of baby in the family very seriously.  Jillian loves to play and do her thing, but she is happy to snuggle almost any time.  And not just with me...she'll choose Daddy or Calvin if they're available too.  On her birthday we were talking about how big she was getting when she said, "Mom, someday when I'm big like Papa I'll have hair in my ears too, but not right now cause I'm your baby."  That's right, Jilly, that's right.
I love being a mommy to boys no doubt about it.  But I'm having so much fun being a mom to a girly.  Jilly loves babies and princesses and ballet and tea parties.  Sometimes I find myself just watching her play and smiling to myself.  She is so much fun.  God certainly knew what he was doing when he created this beautiful girl for me.  I just could not love her more than I do.  Here is a recap of her 3rd birthday.

A candle in her waffle...



A tea party with the girls...


She was so excited about the princess plates, cups and napkins.


A couple weeks ago Marc brought me flowers for my birthday.  Jillian just loved them.  A couple times during the week she said, "I wish I could have flowers like you."  Daddy remembered this and brought Jilly her very own.  She was thrilled.



We went out for pizza and then came home to open her presents from us.  Nathan's favorite part of giving a present is getting a hug afterwards!  He gave her some Aladdin Squinkies...


Tangled!!


After each present she opened she had to clean up all the paper and give it to Grandpa before she could move on to the next one.


A giant ball from Calvin!


The princess at her party!



Waiting to eat...





Papa and Nana gave her a giant talking Belle.  She loves it!


She didn't know what to think when she opened this pink police motorcycle from Grandma and Grandpa.  When she first started riding it she got this shy smile on her face and jumped right off to sit on my lap and hide her face.  She quickly tried it again and loved it!  There will be no brothers speeding in the driveway THIS summer!




Happy Birthday to you my sweet Jilly Bean!




As soon as the party was over she crawled up on her daddy's lap to suck her thumb and relax.  That's the sign of a good birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment