I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Handsome 8 Year Old

Well...I'm coming out of my blogging sabbatical.  After a month of not writing, I've got a lot to catch up on!  One of the most important things that just happened is that my biggest little boy had a birthday!  I just can't believe I have an eight year old who is almost done with 2nd grade.  I mean, WHEN did that happen? 
This boy is awesome.  He is such a great kid.  Hilarious sense of humor, so kind and compassionate, smart, and an amazing big brother.  I know...I know...I'm his mom.  But it's true. 

Lately we have noticed Calvin changing....even struggling sometimes.  He's at that point where he still wants to be my baby....he wants to cuddle with me on the couch and stick close by my side.  At other times he wants to make his own decisions, stay up later, and have more privileges.  Honestly, I love that about him.  He's cool...playing sports with his friends and watching baseball with Daddy.  But at any time you could also find him playing princesses with his sister.  This is a great time in his life.

On his birthday he took his frosted cookies to school and then that night Papa and Nana came over and we went out to dinner.  Here he is with a candle in his scrambled eggs. 


Here he is looking for his present after we told him it was in the garage somewhere...


Found it!


He was so excited he ran to Daddy to hug him!


Opening presents from us and Papa and Nana...


Nathan and Jillian gave him a Twins shirt and some beef sticks.  What could be better than beef sticks?!


Papa and Nana gave him lots of cool stuff...the coolest being a metal detector.  He loves it!  But he was also very pumped about the jump rope....he's wanted one for awhile.




 Had to try it out right away...



So did Nana!


Nana got both boys robes for their birthdays.  They were SO excited.  They look like a couple of  adorable little old men. 

LOVE this picture.


This Friday we are having 3 boys stay all night for a birthday slumber party.  Should be a good time.  Papa and Nana have kindly offered to take Nathan and Jillian over night so they don't get in the way of the big boys.  Awesome. 

Happy Birthday my sweet, handsome, funny, kind, clever, God loving boy. 
We love you more than words can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment