I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mom


My mom and I spend a great deal of time together.  Just ask my husband...or my dad...or my brothers...you get the point.  Even though we spend all this time together, I couldn't find a recent picture of us together.  How sad is that?  So...I had to settle for one of her and Jillian.  Everyone says Jillly looks just like me anyway, so I figure that's close enough.

It's hard for me to even put into words what my mom means to me.  She is my best friend.  I truly love spending time with her.  We don't even have to be doing anything exciting.  Some of my favorite times are when we're just hanging out with my kids laughing at their silliness.  Today Calvin was making his baseball calls like an umpire and we were cracking up.  She loves my kids like crazy, and more than that...she GETS them.  She gets Nathan.  Just like I do.  I love that about her.

My mom can always recognize when I'm having a tough week or when I need a break and she'll take a kid or two...or three home with her for the night. 

She's been known to just stop by with some fun things she found at the grocery store or Target that she just thought we'd like.  How fun is that? 

I love watching my mom continue to grow as a Mom and a Grandma.  The last several years she has really grown in her faith and I love that she wants to share God's love with her grandkids and her kids.  It's not always easy, but she looks for ways to make it happen.  And most importantly she prays for all of us without stopping.  Pretty cool to know I have someone doing THAT for me.

People are always telling me that I am my mother.  When they say that I am honestly so proud.  My mom is someone that people love to be around.  She's so positive and has a laugh that people always remember.  I could do worse right? 

My kids love their Nana with their WHOLE heart.  As a matter of fact, Jillian told me last week that she wished Nana was her mom.  She was not kidding.  And I can't say I blame her.  All of their faces light up when she walks in the room.  They just never get tired of being with her.  I don't either.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  We are SO SO blessed to have you.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment