I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Become a Jedi You Will

When Calvin found out we would be going to Disney World, one of the things he was most excited about was the Star Wars attraction.  He and I went online to look at everything and he saw that there is something called Jedi Training that kids can participate in.  Needless to say, this was going to be a must.  The day we were going to Hollywood Studios we had a character breakfast in the morning.  We got to the park a little before noon, and Calvin and I headed right over to the area where you sign up to be a Jedi.  The people there laughed at me.  "Miss...those spots fill up pretty early.  If you come back tomorrow in the first hour the park is open, you'll probably get in."  OOOOKKay.  So apparently Calvin is not the only kid out there who is anxious to be a real Jedi. (Sidenote:  I'm a pretty big Star Wars junkie myself, so there was NO WAY we were missing this) The rest of our crew was heading to Magic Kingdom the next day, but we decided that Calvin and I would do our Star Wars thing and then meet them there. 

We got up at 6:30 the next morning and took the bus to Hollywood Studios.  We were there BEFORE they opened the gates, and when they did open the gates we might have run to our galaxy....I mean....destination.  It worked.  He was to be in the first class of padwans.  Here he is waiting for his class.



This is the Jedi Master who did the training.  She was trained by Master Yoda himself.  Or so she says.






As the students were finishing their training, their teacher sensed a disturbance in the force.  The big doors opened and out came two storm troopers and Darth Vadar himself.  It was awesome!  Each padwan got to take a turn fighting Darth Vadar using the techniques they had just learned.  It seriously was SO cool.  And do you think I have pictures and videos of this amazing moment in my young jedi's life?  No I do not.  My camera died.  Right when he went to fight.  I actually think I saw Vadar point his hand towards me and force my camera to stop working.  He wouldn't want any footage of a seven year old showin him how it's done with a light saber.  Luckily I do have a few shots from the professional photographer who was there.  We'll be ordering a couple of those.

At the end of the show Vadar invited these younglings to join him on the Dark Side.  At least we don't have to worry about my sweet little Calvin doing that.

OR DO WE??

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Thanks for sharing, Jen. And, Calvin, you make an amazing Jedi. May the force be with you young one! Nolan and Calvin would get along very well---a Star Wars fan.

    ReplyDelete