I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We're in Trouble

So...a couple of weeks ago I did an art project with the kids.  It was leftover from when I taught at church.  We had  Hannah with her little baby Samuel.  First I told the kids the story.  I'm never sure how much they are paying attention, but I told it anyway.  I made sure to really stress how much Hannah prayed for a baby.  Even when she was sad and down she was still faithful to God.  She trusted him completely and always had faith. 

Then the kids cut out their Hannahs.  Now...the 4 kids I have here during the day have many different ability levels.  Nathan used to really struggle with cutting, so I was incredibly impressed when he cut this out ALL on his own.



Very age appropriate when you consider his OT was working on cutting straight lines just a couple months ago.
 


Jillian hasn't done a lot of cutting.  She loved it though.  When she finished her project she wanted to cut more.  I gave her one of the left over pages as scrap paper to cut.




She cut like crazy and at one point she cut the head off of the miniature Hannah on the page.  I jokingly said, "Oh no....you cut her head off!  What are we going to do?"  I knew she had listened to the story when she said very calmly without even looking up, "It okay, she will just pray to God for a new head."   Don't tell me this girl doesn't know her stuff.

  A few days after this project, Nathan and I were sitting on the couch.  He asked if we could have another baby.  I said probably not.  I think we've had all of our babies.  Nathan responded with, "I am going to pray for God to put another baby in your tummy."  He then proceeded to put both hands on my stomach and said, "Heavenly Father, please put a baby in my mommy's tummy.  We would like another baby in our house.  In Jesus name we pray...Amen."

I told you.
We're in trouble.

1 comment: