I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

You've Got a Friend In Me

As I mentioned before, Nathan was not a fan of the characters at Disney.  He did what he could to avoid them, but he always kind of felt bad about it.  He would say, "Next time I will get my picture taken with them okay Mom?"  I told him he didn't have to do anything he didn't want to do.  But I did ask him if there was anyone he was really excited to see.  He answered without hesitation, "Buzz and Woody!" 

So, on the day we visited Hollywood Studios we were thrilled to visit here...



 
The boys and I waited in line for about 30 minutes.  The entire time Nathan was SO excited.  When it was finally our turn we rounded the corner and Nathan immediately walked to the wall opposite of Buzz and Woody and said, "I will just watch."  He refused to go near them.  I really felt that he would regret this later, so I made the executive decision (as mothers, we get to make these) to pick him up and force him over there.  He fought me a little at first, but as soon as we were next to Woody he stroked his face like he was a long lost friend.  It was the most adorable thing.  In the end, they just about had to throw us out of there....my boy had finally found his buddies.


No comments:

Post a Comment