I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Jillian

I have been needing to write a post about my sweet Jilly for some time now.  She is hilarious lately and I do not want to forget this age and what comes along with it.

The biggest thing I haven't mentioned is that she potty trained like a dream!  SOOOO much easier than my boys.  Wait....maybe that's because I wasn't the one doing the training.  That's right!  When we were living it up in Disney World, Papa and Nana trained my girl!  Huge, I know.  I'm forever in debt to them for this....along with many other things.  Anyway, when we got home the hard part was already done and I just had to follow through.  She really did a great job and was so willing.  The princess underwear didn't hurt either.

Jilly and her cousin at Papa and Nana's house.
Now it's time to talk about Bubba.  I'm pretty sure we'll never forget this part of Jillian being two, but you never know.  Bubba is just a name Jilly made up one day and she uses it for everything.  Here are some examples of things we have heard her say:

Hey Bubba! (a friendly greeting to any of us)
You Bubbahead!  (yelling at her brothers)
Me:  Jilly, what would you like for lunch?  Jillian:  Bubba
I'm gonna bubba you! (again...yelling at her brothers)

We honestly have no idea where this came from.  She just started saying it, and then getting more creative with it.  No big deal when we're at home, but she did embarrass me at dance class one day.  I was participating with her because she was having trouble warming up that day.  We were all sitting on the floor pointing our toes and stuff and the teacher says we'll pretend we're going to McDonalds.  She turned to Jillian and said in her sweet sweet voice, "What do you want to eat?"  Jillian looked right at her and said, "Bubba".  The teacher turned to me as if to ask, "What is she talking about?"  I just had to shrug my shoulders and say, "No idea, she made it up." 


A favorite face she makes
Lately Jillian is a lover of technology.  She asks multiple times a day to watch a princess movie on the ipad.  This means going to youtube and finding a Disney princess song.  Once I find one, she will sit and push new ones all by herself.  She LOVES it.


She also spends a lot of time on her phone.  As she walks through the room we hear things like, "Are you serious?  That's ridiculous."  Today she was on the phone when all of a sudden she did this sigh like she was annoyed and said, "Aaaahhhh.  Lauren hung up on me"  So Lauren...I know you read this...I guess you should call her back. 



This is her talking to me on the real phone when I was in Florida.
 She and I were doing some organizing today while the boys were at school.  When she was playing I happened to find a toy we had been looking for earlier.  I called, "Hey Jill!  Look what I just found."  She turned around to look and said with just the right amount of excitement, "Well for crying out loud". 

I just love this girl.  Isn't it fun how every age seems like the best one?  Everytime I think she's perfect she starts doing something else that just melts me.

 I guess that's what it means to be a mommy, and I dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment