I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Lesson...

on the pros and cons of giving your child a police set for Christmas.  Nathan got one from Santa this year and he LOVES it....as Santa knew he would.

Con:
Last night all 3 kids were playing police.  This is one of their favorite things to do together lately.  Jillian had to go potty so I took her into the bathroom and set her on the toilet.  I sat down on the little stool we have in there.  Nathan...in full uniform...rushed into the bathroom and said to me, "You're under arrest!  You stealed something!"  I protested a little just for fun, but when he asked for my hands I put them out.  He put the cuffs on me and I was sitting with my head down...looking at my hands.  I said something like, "Don't take me in officer...I'm innocent!"  And that's when he pulled the billy club from his belt and hit me over the head as hard as he could.

Needless to say, he no longer has a billy club.

Pro:
When Calvin put Nathan on his stomach and cuffed his hands behind his back...Nathan could NOT get up.  I will remember this the next time I need to keep him in his room.

1 comment: