I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Friday, February 24, 2012

An Update and A Good Race

I had lots of requests for an update from the last post.  The tooth fairy left Calvin $5 for his special tooth in water.  Guess she decided to compromise and meet him in the middle.  He was still pretty pumped that it was more than the usual dollar.

And now...

A couple of weeks ago Calvin had his Pinewood Derby Race.  The pictures I have are not good ones, but they will have to do.  Here is the man in charge explaining the rules and some tips about their cars.


Cars....wait....I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the car.  What was I thinking?  Daddy and Papa both helped with it.  Papa glued a lego Luke Skywalker holding a tiny lightsaber right into the car.  The funny thing was...when we got there it was over the weight limit by just a tiny bit.  We had to take the head off the guy.  When it was racing it was a headless guy holding a lightsaber.  The sick thing is he was a finalist for Best in Show...meaning the other kids LIKED the headless jedi.  Strange.


Here is the other man in charge starting Calvin's car and the others for his race.


And here is the picture I tried to take of them coming down the track.  Wouldn't you know that when I took it the cars were right behind the finish sign. 


Each car raced 4 times.  If I remember correctly, Calvin got 1st place once and 2nd place three times.  There were 23 kids racing, and the first four places got a trophy. 


Calvin placed 5th.  He might have been more disappointed, but he finished just behind this guy....


His best buddy Walter.  He figured if he had to get beat out by somebody, this was a good guy to get beat by.  They had a great day racing and cheering each other on!

No comments:

Post a Comment