I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Comic Relief

Tonight was just a funny night.  Do you ever have those?

Marc has been gone all week, and sometimes my patience is thin....but sometimes we just roll with it and have a great time.  Tonight we were all in the living room.  Calvin was working on homework...


Jillian was trying to cause trouble...



And Nathan was building a house.  That's right.




This might be one of those stories that you had to be there for, but...I can't stop now.  When we were playing Nathan said he was a builder, and his name was Peapod.  NO idea where that came from.  When Calvin was doing his homework I mentioned he should put his name on his paper so the teacher didn't have to wonder who it belonged to.  I continued to work with Nathan for a little bit, then I turned around to find this.


Is it weird that I thought this was hilarious?  Oh and also it's been our thing lately to speak in a British accent.  Calvin can NOT get enough of it.  I start speaking that way and he just falls apart.  So we had a great time imagining what his teacher might say if he turned in his paper this way.  (In a British accent) "Excuse me, might you raise your hand if your name is Peapod?  I've not heard this name before."  You get the point.  And to top it off...and bring Calvin and I to tears...it turns out Nathan can do a fabulous British accent.  Good stuff.


Then, as if our night hadn't been good enough, I sent the boys to get their jammies on and Nathan came out like this.


Thank you God for giving us laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment