I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Thursday, July 7, 2011

We Love Baseball!

And it's a good thing!  We are at the field for ball 4 days a week this summer.  Calvin has baseball  Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Nathan has Tball Monday and Wednesday.  It gets to be a lot sometimes, but I truly do love watching them play.  This week Marc's mom and dad came down to watch a couple games.  They came to Nathan's game on Wednesday.


His games are very entertaining.  He hits the ball every time, but we need to work on his base running and his fielding skills!  If the ball doesn't come RIGHT to his glove he just assumes it's somebody else's responsibility.  One time last week the ball came somewhat close to him and he actually kicked it.  Interesting.  He has a great time out there though.  He LOVES it when we cheer for him.  He gets so excited.  When you ask Nathan what his favorite part of playing tball is he says, "Sitting in the dugout!"  That's my boy.

Today was Calvin's game.




It's amazing what two years will do for you.  There is no comparison between 5 year old tball and 7 year old baseball.  Things are much more serious now.  They still only let them run one base for each hit unless it's a really long hit.  Calvin actually got a double today which he thought was pretty awesome! He loves to play catcher.  He's played it pretty much every game and I finally remembered my camera today!



I realize this video is sideways and very short, but for some reason it makes me laugh every time I watch it!


You might ask yourself, "What does the little sister do while spending all this time at the ball field?"

She looks good and eats snacks.  What else would you expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment