I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Day in the Life...

Once again it's been awhile since I've posted.  This post will help explain why. 

We were supposed to have baseball and T-ball today, but they were both rained out.  I had some disappointed boys, but I was actually excited.  I love baseball, but I was feeling like we needed a day at home to just regroup and get some things done.  I don't know why I still think I'll get a lot done when we're all home.  Here are JUST A FEW of the things that went on around here today.

I was cutting up some fruit in the kitchen and Calvin asked if he could help.  This was a pleasant surprise, so I gladly gave him the strawberries and he went to town.



Soon we had a bowl of yumminess.  Good job Calvin!


While this was happening Nathan and Jillian were playing Mommy and Daddy in Nathan's bed.


Then they moved to my closet.



Then they played doggie.



Yes, that's a leash on Nathan.

Then Calvin showed Nathan how to play soccer on the ipad.


I realize everyone is still wearing their pajamas in these pictures.  It was a rainy day and we didn't have anywhere to go. My dad is a big believer in getting dressed right away in the morning no matter what....I am not.  Plus, all these pictures were taken before noon.  That's still morning right?

Later in the afternoon it stopped raining.  They were all dying to go outside, so we did.  They did a little of everything, but before long they spotted a toad.  Here are a couple pictures and a video of Jillian during the adventure.  I took a longer video of her explaining the whole thing, but it wouldn't upload.  Too long I guess.  Bummer.






We finished the day by making Calvin's favorite dinner.....meatloaf and cheese potatoes.  That kid can eat some serious meatloaf! 

Days with this much activity can be exhausting, but I love them.  We need them every once in awhile and I will look forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment