I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Monday, June 6, 2011

Preschool Graduation 2011

Today my sweet Nathan graduated from Preschool.  He was so proud.  As his teacher talked about how much the kids had grown and changed throughout the year I realized she was right.  She said she was looking at pictures from the beginning of the year and couldn't believe how the kids faces had changed and how they looked so much older.  It's true.  As I watched my boy standing with his class, singing songs....I realized he has so much more composure than he had last fall.  Even though I don't always notice when I'm with him every day...he has grown up.  He's matured.  I couldn't help but see all of that today, and I was so proud of him.

So...without further ado.  Here is how the ceremony went. 

Jillian waiting for things to get started.
Nathan before the ceremony.
First let me just say that I ALWAYS cry at kid events.  Graduations, concerts, plays....you name it...if there are kids in it, I will cry.  It doesn't even have to be my own kids!  You would think as a teacher I would become immune to these things, but I just don't.  I do seem to be just a touch weepier when it IS my own kids.  Anyway....as if I wasn't going to be teary enough today, they had a parent playing Pomp and Circumstance on the trumpet as all the kids filed in.  Too. Stinkin. Cute.


I have to attach this video because I thought it was so funny.  The kids sang several songs, and while the rest of the kids stood VERY still as they sang, Nathan just couldn't keep from moving.  He was so excited and his body just moves!


This quick one is Nathan receiving his "Difloma" as he calls it.



I was able to get out of work for a little while to go to graduation.  Papa and Grandpa Addler actually picked Nathan and Jillian up and brought them there to meet me.  Nathan was thrilled that two of his favorite people were there to watch.



Grandpa Addler (my grandpa who is 90!) was most excited about the cookies and punch they served.  The man has never met a cookie he didn't like.

Nathan John, this is the first of many accomplishments for you.  We love you and we know you are going to do big BIG things.

1 comment:

  1. Auntie Roz cried... It's those dang paper graduation hats and the pomp and circumstance song!! Plus he looked awesome up there! What fun to be able to have Grandpa Addler there on top of it all! Congrats Nathan!

    ReplyDelete