I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Today we are celebrating the Daddy in our house.




He is so much fun. 
Whether he is playing basketball, baseball, football, or hockey....
or playing babies, wrestling, fishing, or dancing...he loves his kids like crazy. 

He loves to mow with Nathan, play sports with Calvin, and make funny faces with Jillian.  And he is up for snuggling with ANY of them at ANY time.  That is his favorite.


Marc loves to be a Daddy.  He has never been afraid of changing a diaper or staying with the kids all weekend while I go away.  He is actually BETTER than me at getting up in the middle of the night.  He can function on much less sleep than I can.  He will gladly hold a coughing child on his chest in the chair and sleep like a baby.  It's a gift.

In the past few years I have seen Marc grow in his faith and now I love to watch him pray with our children.  He knows, as I do, that there is nothing more important to teach them than to accept Jesus as their savior.  I love to listen in when Calvin asks him Biblical questions.  It's so awesome to hear them have those conversations.

When we were discussing what to get Marc for Father's Day, I told the boys to think of something they like to do with Daddy and maybe that would help them think of an idea.  They thought a minute and then Calvin said, "Oh!  I have the perfect idea.  You know how Dad and I like to play basketball?  Let's get him those things you wear on your head and wrists."  I responded with, "Say no more, that IS a perfect idea."  Of course we got him a couple other things too, but nothing else this good.



He liked them so much that later he fell asleep with them on.



I brought home some papers we had used at school for the kids to fill out.  I thought they would be nice to put in Daddy's card.  Here are the papers each of them did....




We love you Daddy!  We are so glad God chose YOU for this family!



Happy Father's Day to my own Dad too.  I can't imagine going through life with a better Dad.  Thank you for being the best Dad and Papa in the whole world!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment