I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Bookworm

This is how Calvin looks to us lately....
This kid is just a reading maniac.  He's really become a good reader this year.  And more importantly....he loves it!  His teacher gave him his first chapter book this week.  I wasn't sure if he would be ready or not.  Although, it was Berenstain Bears and he LOVES the Berenstain Bears.  He was really excited that it was 17 chapters! 
 The first night he read a few chapters in the living room.  Then he was heading to bed so I told him he could read one chapter and then go to sleep.  Well...I made the mistake of not checking on him.  When Marc got home from teaching about 8:45 he said Calvin was still awake.  I went in there and he was just starting chapter 15!  Good grief!  Needless to say...I made him put the book down and go to sleep.  He easily finished it the next day.  I think we're on to something now!  I love him being at this stage.  I just can't wait for him to read all the chapter books I loved.  Boxcar children...Judy Blume...there is so much fun stuff to come!  I just love this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment