I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Excitement

Here are a few photos of the excitement leading up to Easter.....

Coloring Eggs is interesting with a two year old.  She only spilled once I guess.  Oddly enough Nathan was the most patient of anyone.  He would just sit and wait and then take his egg out....amazing.





Last night I made the Easter Bunny cake.  This has been a tradition in our family for a LONG time.  My grandma always made one, then my mom made it every year when we were growing up.  Now this is my second one.  We're going to my mom and dad's for dinner after church today and I'm providing the Bunny cake.  It's a lot of pressure, but I'm proud to take it on.  When I asked Calvin what color he wanted the bow tie he said, "Blue with white polka dots".  Yikes!  This cake is going to serve as Calvin's birthday cake too, so I had to give it a try.

And finally....here they are opening their Easter baskets this morning.  The Easter Bunny left them a note with their movie (Bambi!) to remind them that Jesus is the true reason for our celebration today.  We will praise Him today!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment