I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Monday, April 4, 2011

Girly Time

I love Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings.  Not because both of my boys are gone, because of course I miss them and love having them home.  I love it because Jilly and I get to have special time together. 


We get to play girl things.  I've been waiting YEARS to play girl things.  Don't get me wrong....I can play cars, dinosaurs, and Star Wars with the best of em.  I mean I did have 3 brothers.  I'm just much more comfortable with a doll in my arms, or in this case a doll house in front of me. 

Marc always says that he doesn't know how to play girl things, and I don't understand.  Just help the people do the things we do every day.  Eat...go to the store...put their babies down for a nap....what's not to love about that?  It's even better when I'm playing it as a mom.  I love it when I'm playing with her and she just sits and watches with a smile on her face.  It's like she's saying, "You're brilliant.  I would have never thought to have the little girl feed the baby his bottle." 

Here she is getting so involved in the family, that she actually wants to be a part of it.  I don't blame her...these people have some good times.



We have so much fun just doing girly things.  We usually have to interrupt play time for a couple loads of laundry and some dishes, but she even enjoys that!  I hope we always have this much fun together.  My mom and I still do, so I think it's a safe bet that Jilly and I will too!

4 comments:

  1. Aunt Lisa wants to come playyyyyy! :)

    Your little girly is just way too cute, Jen....as if you didn't know....

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We WANT you to come play! You're good with doll houses aren't you?? (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeahhhh....just ask Ahnya! I get those looks, too....with the little amazed smile....even still, and she's 12! Espec. when my doll, Dottie, shakes things up a little with comments like, "Anna-Sophia, do these underwear look okay for a hat today?" You have lots of years to look forward to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auntie Lisa, I remember so well the look on Hannah's face when you would speak for her dolls...she thought you were a genius! Looks like you may have passed that incredible ability on to your niece! You might have to come do your "show" for Jilly someday!!

    ReplyDelete