I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Jilly Bean

Jillian is just hilarious right now.  I need to write this post, because there are a few things I just don't want to forget.



1.  She says wose instead of those.  As in, "Wose are mine." or "I have wose?".  It cracks me up because for the most part she is incredibly verbal and talks very clearly for a two year old.  The other funny thing she does is substitutes she and he for her and him.  For example, the other day she and I were playing with her babies and Jillian said, "She wants she bottle."  After I gave the baby the bottle Jilly said, "We need to burp she."  I laugh every time.  It is just hilarious.  And judging from what I remember about the boys, it's something I would have forgotten if I hadn't written it down.

2.  I don't know where this came from, but lately she has said to me on more than one occasion just out of the blue...."Mommy...you my favorite part."  I'm not going to wonder where she got this.  I love it.

3.  This little girl LOVES her thumb and LOVES her taggie.  The two go hand in hand.  She can't pick her taggie up without putting her thumb in her mouth.
I can't tell you how many times during the day I hear, "I need my taggie."  In kind of this sing songy voice.

Sidenote...how cute is this new hair thing?  We have a few of them from Coco Penny...they are adorable!
Last week we lost the taggie.  Not surprising since it goes everywhere with us.  We ended up finding it the next day at the clinic.  We had left it there and when we realized it was missing 30 minutes later they were closed!  It wasn't good.  She and Nana quickly made a new one in the mean time so she would have something to nap with.  Nana was trying to let Jillian sew it with her, but everytime she would put her little hand on the fabric to sew it....she would have to put her thumb in her mouth.  It just wasn't very efficient, so Nana had to do most of the work.

4.  She loves to do housework.  This was just never the case with the boys.  Jillian loves to help with laundry.  She will unload the dishwasher....literally everything she can reach.  And the other day when I was trying to get something done I asked her to get the little vacuum and vacuum under the kitchen cabinets and table.  I was just hoping it would keep her busy, but she went crazy!  She was good!

5.  I wish I had a picture of this but I don't.  The other day Marc was laying on the couch.  Jillian crawled up on top of him, grabbed his face with both hands and said, "Wisten to me.  I wuv you !

6.  She and Nathan are very good buddies during the day.  I love it when I hear her holler, "Na Na!  Where are you?"  They really know how to push each others buttons and have some pretty good yelling matches.  She just really stands up for herself and doesn't take anything from him.  But in the end, they have a great time together.

7.  Lastly, she loves to make her brothers laugh.  She will do just about anything to crack them up!  I got the kids breakfast the other day and then went to get dressed.  I heard both boys just laughing like crazy and came into the kitchen to find this.
This little girl is such a blessing to our family.  As always, God knew exactly what we needed when he gave us Jillian.  She is so happy and loving.  We just can't get enough of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment