I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Birthday to Remember...

On Wednesday Calvin and I headed to the cities with my Mom and Dad to go to a Thursday Twins game. Thanks to Daddy and Grandma Lona and Grandpa Rodger we got to leave Nathan and Jillian at home.  We had quite an adventure!

We left Wednesday morning because we were planning to go to Ikea on the way down.  WELL......it's a good thing we're flexible people, because plans changed.
We got a flat tire on 94.  Pretty exciting.  We called a tow truck and in the mean time, Papa got out to start changing it.  He ended up finishing up right when a police officer and the tow truck finally arrived.  Calvin got a little upset at first and even cried.  He was worried we were going to be stuck there, or that we might not get to the cities.  I didn't get my camera out when we was crying, but I did ask him to reinact  it a little later.
So...we were back on our way.  We had to skip Ikea and just head straight to Shakopee.  Papa dropped us off at Kohls and headed to get new tires.  The next day we were off to the Twins game.  The four of us went along with my brother Max and my nephew Will.  Will and Calvin are two peas in a pod.  They were VERY excited to spend the day together.  Here they are on the way to the game.
We got there early so we could be there when the gates opened. 




We were really hoping to get some autographs.  It was perfect....we headed right down by the dugout, and we were one of the first ones down there.

Will and Calvin and I stood down there for about an hour.  It was pretty chilly out and at one point it was POURING.  I really didn't care.  I was as excited (more excited?) to be there as they were.  If  I haven't mentioned it before....I'm a pretty big Twins lover.



That's right.  That's Joe Nathan.  He signed some stuff for us.  Along with Brian Duensing, Matt Capps, Jim Hoey, and  Dusty Hughes.  I'm not going to lie to you....it was awesome.  It finally stopped raining and we were off to the gift shop and to get some lunch before the game started. 
These are the tutus my sister-in-law Sara and her friend made.  The Twins buyers bought them to sell in their shop....cool huh?
My mom got a Twins elf to put in the woods at their resort.  They have a whole trail of Elves, so this will be a fun addition.


This was the first time my parents had been to the new Target Field, and my dad was like a kid at Christmas.  He wouldn't even come inside to get food.  He just sat in his seat and soaked it all in.  It was just a really fun day.


Meanwhile Calvin and Will had lunch....then peanuts....then Mike and Ikes.  It's all part of the experience you know.  Calvin danced like crazy whenever there was music on and the rest of us cracked up....hoping they would put him on the big screen. The icing on the cake was when Cuddyer hit a foul ball into our section.  A man sitting behind us caught it and gave it to Calvin.  I'm not sure how I missed getting a picture of that.  We had a blast, and I think it's going to be a while before another birthday lives up to this one!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you all had a great time. What a memorable birthday for Calvin!

    ReplyDelete