I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!

Okay, so today it has rained all day.  It could be depressing.  But I'm choosing to see it as a blessing.  For one thing...it has rid us of the rest of the snowpiles we had in our yard.  Also, if it were colder, it would be A LOT of snow.  I'll take the rain.

Since we didn't accomplish much in the rain today...I'm going to back up to Friday when it was beautiful out.  This was our first truly nice day this spring.  Nathan and Jillian decided we needed to get out every toy and bike we had in the garage.  Why not start things off with a bang?  When Calvin got home from school he joined right in!  The boys were riding around the yard like crazy.  Calvin on the 4 wheeler and Nathan on the tractor.  Jillian did not think this was right.  She yelled until Calvin came by and picked her up. 

It was so cute to watch him ride all over the yard holding on to her.  Such a caring big brother.


This is where we'll see Nathan for the next 6 months.  Let's just say if this thing cut grass, Marc would hire him out!


Here they are talking about where they should go next...

We did have one scary moment when Calvin got off the 4 wheeler, and before he could grab Jilly she TOOK OFF!  I saw her and ran top speed (my Dad said that was probably REALLY fast).  I grabbed the bike just as she was hitting the hole for our egress window!  Yikes.  Guess we'll need to be careful on the riding equipment this year!  She's a little reckless!

We did give her a turn to try it with Mommy standing right there...

She thought she was pretty hot stuff.

Nathan thought this would be a good idea...


I thought not.

Here is what the yard looked like at the end of the day!


I didn't even care.  I will gladly stay outside to pick up toys when it's warm and it's NOT snowing!  We are SO READY for spring!! 

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment